Wednesday, July 05, 2006

things I miss



I've been home for a month now, searching for the flash drive with all my journals on it. So I thought it was time to try to re-create what I wrote the last few weeks in KZ. I'll start with this:

Things I miss about Kazakhstan
- the stars at night, so clear I could see the band of the Milky Way
- the fruit juices. Piko Apple, Piko Plum, Sad White Grape
- Buses that cost about 18 cents (I don't mean the buses themselves, just that they cost 18 cents and not 2 dollars)
- cooking and eating outside in the summer
- the mountains near Koktube Eki
- being able to stop by my friends' houses anytime
- tea time
- my friends from my church, from Podstepnoye, and from Uralsk
- cherries and apricots enough to carpet the streets (Koktube Eki)
- how thrilling it was to get emails and packages

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home