Sunday, April 16, 2006

back again

Sorry - I just looked at my blog and realized that the last entry was more than a month ago. The gap time goes something like this: train - 2 days, Turkistan - 3 days, train - 1 day, Koktube 2 - 2 days, Almaty - 5 days, train- 1,000,000 years, home. Sick - 10 days, Mom and Dad's EXCELLENT package arrives: last Monday. Since then I've been mostly putting sticky notes on my calendar and getting stood up by various people (like by students for classes.) But I have a lot of resilience (i.e. places to buy Snickers bars when I'm feeling used) and the weather's been perfect, really just perfect.

But the essential information is: I’ll be flying home at the beginning of June. 7 weeks from Tuesday. I suppose then that I’ll stop blogging about Kazakhstan. I seriously doubt I’ll blog about America – I'll be busy talking my head off, taking showers, and flushing the toilet just for kicks.

On an unrelated note: I hold up photos and ask my students about them every now and then. I once held up a photo of Northwestern fans at a football game and asked the kids what those people were doing. EVERY class said it was a revolution.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home