Saturday, February 18, 2006

in case anyone forgot . . .

This is a personal blog, and what I write is from my head. It doesn't express Peace Corps' views, or America's views, or even, necessarily, accurate views.

So, if anyone takes exception to what I've written, you're welcome to respond. I'll usually stand by what I've posted, however, since I'm an honest person and have nothing to gain by lying in this blog. I write it for my family, for my friends, and for people interested in what it's like to live in Kazakstan.

In my most recent entry, I clearly didn't address the individual differences among Kazkhs, since that is impossible in the space and time I had, and mostly recorded the things I've seen that have been consistent during the time I spent with locals in Almaty, Budarino, Chapayev, Oral, Podstepnoye, and Uskemen over the course of nearly two years. I think and hope they're accurate, inoffensive, and helpful to people who haven't been here yet. A foreigner has the advantage of fresh eyes. A local has the advantage of complete understanding. I hope I have told mostly what I've seen with my eyes, and I'm careful not to get out of my depth about the understanding.

Hope that settles everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home